Antitrust Avoidance Statement
Attendees are hereby reminded that various state and federal laws prohibit the exchange of information among competitors regarding matters pertaining to price, refusals to deal, market division, tying relationships and other topics which might infringe upon antitrust regulations, and that no such exchange or discussion will be tolerated during this meeting. These guidelines apply not only to the formal meeting sessions, but to informal discussions during breaks, meals or social gatherings (including virtual sessions.) Thank you for your cooperation.
Live Classroom Policy
Sign-in for live sessions opens 15 minutes prior to session start time. (Note: The SMTAR building does not open before 8:45am during education sessions.)
All attendees must be seated 5 minutes prior to the start time of their session to be counted as present.
All attendees must check-in or sign in for their session - refer to posted or designed registration instructions FOR EACH SESSION.
Conference attendees must sign in for each INDIVIDUAL session to receive credit for attendance.
100% attendance is required. Attendees who do not return to class after breaks may not receive credit.
Please notify staff/instructor of any special needs or circumstances.
Virtual Classroom Policy
Jump to REALTRACS CLASSROOM POLICY
Virtual classroom polices are set by the Tennessee Real Estate Commission. At any time a commissioner or the TREC Director of Education may be present during our sessions to ensure policies are being upheld.
- All sessions are recorded.
- The following equipment is required for attendance:
- Internet Access
- A device to access the internet: computer or mobile device
- Your device must have a camera and microphone
- Attendees must remain on camera at all times. You will be provided with regular breaks and can exit the camera at that time. Should an emergency situation arise, you must notify your proctor via chat BEFORE you exit the camera. YOU MUST REMAIN CONNECTED DURING BREAKS, BUT MAY TURN OFF VIDEO.
- Camera movement is not permitted. Excessive camera movement causes distraction to the instructor and other students who can see you during the session. Your camera must remain stable during the course. You should not walk around with your device. YOU may move, of course.
- Work is not permitted during the session. You may not take calls or perform computer work.
- Students are responsible for the successful operation of their own equipment.
- You may not share your screen with another person(s). Special permission must be obtained during registration to share aa screen.
- Failure to comply will result in removal from the class (to prevent distraction) and you will not receive CE credit for the course.
Attendees must meet the following guidelines to attend:
- Registration and payment are required in advance. Staff will not be available to take registration "at the door" for virtual sessions.
- Acknowledgement of the Virtual Classroom Policy is required for entry to all sessions.
- Q & A and student interaction will be at the discretion of the instructor and will be denoted in the chat window of each session
- Students are encouraged to log in to offered Test Sessions to ensure their equipment can connect.
- SMTAR will use the Zoom Meeting Platform for all virtual classes.
- Students not in compliance with Classroom Policy will receive 1 warning prior to removal or denial of admission.
- Students will be allowed 1 minuted to reconnect due to connection failure. A refund for the course will be issued if the student must be removed from the class due to repeated connection issues. SMTAR cannot guarantee your ability to connect to the class since we cannot control your individual internet environment or equipment.
SPECIAL REALTRACS CLASSROOM POLICY
RealTracs Instructors require 100% visual confirmation of attendance. You MUST have your face in view 100% of the class period to receive credit. You CANNOT step away from camera for any reason. If you step out of view or if you lose connection, you will be removed from class. As with all classes, adequate breaks will be provided.
Registration for education courses must be made in advance for courses offered online via Zoom and live off-site (not at SMTAR Office.) Payment can be accepted at the door for courses held at the SMTAR Office.
Registration fees are not transferrable. Refunds can be issued for courses cancelled by the cancellation deadline and for courses cancelled by SMTAR.
Refunds are not issued for failure to comply with Classroom Policy.